Friday - Offshore W/L
Briefing:9:00am - Friday 17th Apr 2020
Finish:5:00pm - Friday 17th Apr 2020
Dear Volunteer Team,
As you are likely aware, Corona virus (COVID-19) is a global health concern for Australia and our communities.
Following is advice from our Rear Commodore, Barry Kelly, this morning:
“Last night the NCYC Board cancelled ALL club organised sailing and sailing academy activities until further notice. This was a result of a discussion with the complete board and the CEO present. The decision was unanimous, was not taken lightly and included consideration of expert medical advice and Clubs NSW.”
It is with much regret that we inform you about the cancellation of all sailing activities at NCYC, effective immediately until further notice. In particular, this includes:
- Twilight racing
- Summer Short Ocean Pointscore offshore racing
- SailFest and Sail Port Stephens regattas
- Academy courses and Tackers
In the event that you do visit the Club, can I ask that you promote and practise good hygiene. We particularly encourage our members and guests to:
- Clean your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially before and after eating, and after using the bathroom.
- Use an alcohol-based hand rub if soap and water are not available;
- Practice cough etiquette - cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow;
- Dispose of tissues in the bin immediately;
- Avoid unnecessarily touching mouth, nose and eyes;
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms;
- Avoid unnecessary touching of others.
Further information about visiting the Club has been released in a statement and will be reviewed over the coming days and weeks.
|Race Officer||Denis Thompson|
|Mark Layer||Andrew Buchan|